A Splash and Dash is a fun sporting event that combines swimming with running or walking for ages 5-adult. Participants will start in the pool for the swimming portion then lace up their sneakers for the run/walk. The first-ever Splash and Dash at Giles is Saturday, August 28, 2021 and is sure to become a popular annual event for our residents.
- Ages 5-8 will swim one lap (25 m) and then run or walk 4 laps (.25 mile) around the parking lot.
- Ages 9-12 will swim two laps (50 m) and then run or walk 8 laps (.5 mile) around the parking lot.
- Ages 13+ will swim four laps (100 m) and then run or walk 1 mile on the street. Signs will be posted to help participants know where to go and when they’ve reached the 1/2-mile point to turn around and finish in the parking lot.
This is a fun event, and you will not be officially timed but you may use your own devices to time yourself or your family member. You may race at your own pace, either fast or leisurely. Swimmers of all ages may use a flotation device such as a pool noodle or life vest to assist them in the pool.
Starting time based on age group:
- Ages 5-8: Check in time 7:45am, Start Time 8:00am
- Ages 9-12: Check in time 8:15am, Start Time 8:30am
- Ages 13+: Check in time 8:45am, Start Time 9:00am
Registration fee is $5 and includes post-race snacks and a T-shirt sponsored by Ryan Homes for all who register by August 5th! Registration will remain open past August 5th, but t-shirts are not guaranteed after August 5.
Volunteers are needed for this event! Help is needed for check-in, the kids run, post-race snacks, water table, and cheering stations. If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the registration form. Payment is not required for volunteers. You must be a Giles resident to participate. To register, click HERE.